Alternative Investment Funds are the investments which do not happen via the traditional modes of investment such as stocks, bonds, cash, property etc. Defined in Regulation 2(1) (b) of SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012, it refers to any privately pooled investment fund, (whether from Indian or foreign sources), in the form of a trust or a company or a body corporate or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). In India, AIFs are private funds which are otherwise not coming under the jurisdiction of any regulatory agency in India.
What We Do
- Handle documentation and SEBI compliances on behalf of the client.
- Assign and monitor the duties of the Investment Manager such as signing agreements, operating and managing funds, preparing periodic reports, etc.
- Vetting of trust deed, contribution agreement, investment management agreement and reviewing private placement memorandum
- Assisting in SEBI application and coordination for registration
- Obtaining PAN/TAN for the fund
- Opening & managing of bank/depository/custodian account for the fund/scheme and overseeing fund manager’s activities to ensure compliance of AIF regulations
- Complying with statutory obligations such as tax and other filings
- Approvals if any to be sought from the trustee.
- Execute and Register Indenture of Trust
- Execute Investment Management Agreement
- Sign documents / certificates as per the regulations and as required by the regulating bodies, authorities, bankers and DPs etc.
- Ensure uploading of documents and/or information on SEBI portal
- Obtain Annual Compliance certificate on fund operations from Investment Manager
- Sign Financials of the Trust
- Sign Income Tax Return of the Trust
- Appointment of Auditors for Trust accounts
- Maintain continuous interaction with the Investment Manager
- Attend to queries / grievances of Investors
- Oversee the functioning of the Trust